It's My Due Date, and I'll Climb a Hill if I Want To!
with my husband right behind me so if I fall down I get to squish him on the way down!
So on Sunday, yes, my official due date, (which could also be May 3rd), we went geocaching! And I climbed a very steep hill, saying all the way, "I can't believe I am climbing a hill like this on my due date. I am for blazing Pete's sake nine months pregnant! This is so fun! Pant, pant, pant." That was after hiking around a cow pasture because we didn't have a GPS and .41 of a mile is not the same as about a 1/2 mile. But we found it! And then we went by a cemetery, and then drove out to the fourth cache of the day and found it was at a Wildlife Management Area. Which those are really great in ND, and I love them.
This was my favourite cache, yeah, I know, better than climbing the hill? YES!!! We saw ducks and Canadian geese and raccoon tracks and fish jumping out of the water and some sticking their fins out (must have been waving at us) and tree swallows and deer and best of all, pelicans. I love pelicans. They are so big and beautiful with their white and black wings, and their wingspans are so wide!
So altogether about 30 flew up from the little lake area, which was hidden by trees, but I got some neat pictures, and the last one flew up the length of the lake right beside the trail we were on. He was really close, and I could have had an awesome picture if I hadn't run out of film. But I'd never been that close so I was still pretty excited. They have a bump on the top of their beaks, anyone know why?
So after all that, did I get a baby for my effort? And for walking a couple of miles?
NO!
Labels: geocaching, hobbies, outdoors, pregnancy, spring

1 Comments:
Can we have an update soon? Or at least a picture of Elisabeth?
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home