Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Colds are nasty and should be outlawed.

The funny thing is, I don't really feel sick, haven't had a fever, but I don't feel great. And neither does poor Nathaniel. He's home in bed. And me, well, I'm doing what I usually do, just feeling badly. Oh yeah, in the hour since I started this, I feel worse. :( I did make eggdrop soup, with a little onion and a carrot, and some rotessorie(sp) chicken. It was good. And taking Vitamin C crystals, sour, and oil of oregano, interesting and strong-tasting.

Okay, who care, what did I do weekend before last, did anyone wonder? Did anyone know? Nathaniel had to think about it, and he was with me. And if you didn't think really hard, this is all a blatant ploy to get you to read my blog. So, what was I saying?

We, my FIL, husband and I, went coon hunting. If you're from North Dakota, you know that in the winter many ranches feed the cattle in pens. If you want to know more, tell me and I'll post about Nathaniels and my's first dates(calling any time you spend just with someone you're attracted to a date). So, the cattle eat hay mixed with corn, and the coons get in the feeding troughs and eat the corn, or eat what is spilled, I didn't ask them(I personally would not like eating my corn that had been slobbered on by 400 steers, so I'd do what at least one of them did and just head to the cornpile). Actually, I'd prefer it off the stalk, which I think we're gonna get some sweet corn, which the raccoons like also, hence the hunt.

It was cold, but not too awfully cold, maybe 20-30s? We took Scooter, who thought it was great we were out to play with him. And a flashlight and tromped through the snow and saw some eyes, but the crawled under the fence, not conveniently up a tree. It was exhilarating just being out and fun, altho' I reckon not for the coons.

Okay kids, storytime is over. Hopefully, Elisabeth will stay sleeping so I can lay down.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 3:41 PM , Blogger Goldfish said...

Yay, you are starting to post regularly!! =) I'd love to hear about your first date with Nathaniel! :) Oh, I'm flying home on the 8th of March and flying back the 15th (both are Saturdays). And I most heartily agree with you about sickness being outlawed!!

 
At 7:22 PM , Blogger Maggi said...

My first date, hmmm? ;) Good question. . .when was our first official date?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home